Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Cool, the Copy and the Content

Dear reader,

My name is Ofer. I'm an Orthodox Jew and a Copywriter and 7 months ago, at the age of 40, I decided to switch countries, from Sweden – by an ex girlfriend dubbed "the Polar Hinterland of Hip" – to Israel, a country that is anything but – still though, I wouldn't live anywhere else. In Sweden I had a small business, still have by the way: www.cblind.se, but with the move came a certain loss of contacts, as well as customer momentum, and I'm finding myself in a situation of – by now a bit desperately – searching for employment or new gigs, or both. In the meantime however, I thought that I'd use the unusual amount of spare time suddenly on my hands, to start a blog documenting my thoughts about the craft of copywriting and selling via text, as well as my ideas on the ad business in general, it's ups and its downs, it's nowadays explosive spread into ever new medias and platforms, and the changes that this engenders. Basically, this is a blog about the ad men circus in the digital millennium, and about the Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

If you can put together copy like this architect
 put together these houses, you are good.

In my next post I thought I'd start out by explaining the name of this blog, which also constitutes The 3 Levels of Copywriting, as I see them roughly emerging in the digital village: The Cool, the Copy, and the Content.

Until then. Drive carefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment